The Sydney Marathon 2023 is an annual event that takes place in Sydney, Australia (the largest city in Australia) since its inception in 2001. It follows the legacy of the first Sydney Marathon event during the Sydney Summer Olympics 2000.
A mammoth crowd and participants are expected to make the festival one for the ages.
The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 2023 is set for 17 Sunday, September 2023.
● Marathon: 42.195km
● Start time: 7:05 am
● Start point: Bradfield Park, Milsons Point
● Finish: Sydney Opera House Forecourt
● Race Cut-Off Time: After 6 hours
Entry Fee Details
The super early entries are closed.
Early Bird Price
● Australian and Newzealand residents $165
● Non-Australian/NZ residents $205
Registration is open until 31 July 2023
Standard Entry Price
● Australian and Newzealand residents $185
● Non-Australian/NZ residents $220
Registration is open until 31 August 2023
Late Entry Fee
● Australian and Newzealand residents $190
● Non-Australian/NZ residents $225
Registration is open until midnight on 16th September 2023
Entry Fee Inclusions
● Race bib number
● Policing and event organization of infrastructures
● Public transport to the race start line
● Finisher commemorative medal
● Finisher T-shirts
● Medical aid stations
● Refreshments and nutritional drink stations
● Water stations and access to portable public toilets
Sydney Marathon 2023 Entry Requirements
Registration is open for all that are willing and able to participate. There are four distances to choose from and your start position is determined by the level of previous marathon performances.
All marathon runners should be 18+ years on the event day.
Preferred Start Qualifications
A preferred start is available for athletes that want. Fill in the form on the official Blackmore Sydney Festival 2023 website.
Availability of positions is to first applicants. Apply early or now to avoid any inconvenience and disappointments.
Guide to Preferred Starts
You should have proof of running a recent marathon under these specified times.
● Male2 hrs 40 mins
● Female3 hrs 05 mins
No refunds for non-finishers and non-starters according to the race events terms and conditions by the time of your registration.
You are eligible for a 75% refund for applications issued before 31 July 2023.
No refunds after 31 July 2023.
You can make name online transfers before 10 September 2023. A transfer fee is levied upon the new entrant to facilitate the transfer.
No transfers are allowed beyond the accepted date (10 September 2023)